After too much running, high intensity interval training and kettlebell swings in December I’m having some issues with my knees. Based on the symptoms I assume I have the beginning stage of Patellar tendonitis aka jumper’s knee. As a consequence I already have to change my training plans for 2019 :-).
My new schedule for January looks like this:
- no running, probably until the summer
- low cycling volume at low to medium intensity, so no intervals
- back to 50 kettlebell swings per session, twice weekly but skip the first week
- low impact knee exercises, starting next week
Next to these changes, I still plan to:
- play squash once
- 30 out of 36 days at 9pm to bed
- 30 days 3 meals a day (no snacks)
And because my schedule freed up quite a bit I’ll have more time for my other goals for the year, such as posting my book notes, studying aikido and following a few yoga lessons.